Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 23, 2007

Giving

I made a donation tonight for Parker. It was a wonderful feeling to help someone else. A random act of kindness that I would not have even been aware of, had it not been for the wonderful world of mommy blogs. The Duke regularly looks at me with a wink in his eye, when I have been surfing the blogs for hours at night. He does not understand that this is my link to the outer world. For while I am a SAHM I have little idea to what others are doing, inventing, creating, suffering, enjoying. If it was not for the fact that I was reading 5 minutes for mom this AM, I would not have become aware of Parker. I was touched...no, amazed by how many women are helping this family out. I am not sure how many know the family personally, but I'm betting most do not. So many stories in the newspaper or on TV stress the bad aspect of today's society. These donations for Parker put all that to the side. There is plenty of good out there, and it is not that difficult to find! I wish Parker and his family all the best. I will pray for Parker and his family, and more importantly when I am having a bad day I will remember there is a world of good out there to be proud of. Thanks blogging moms for introducing me to your world, and for being such a great place to "hang out" in!

No comments: