Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

Organization

I have this nifty system in my house of writing all of the appointments on a main calendar in the kitchen; one that the entire family has access to. Nothing gets missed that way, as we walk past the calendar 900+ times a day. Oh but wait, the Duke did miss an appointment. I called to reschedule his blood test today, and was informed that if he misses another appointment he will be fined $50. If he misses a 3rd appointment, the doctor will drop him as a patient. Well there's some great besdie manners for you! Now don't get me wrong. I understand the frustration with patients missing appointments; however, in this case it was not an appointment with the dr. that was missed, this was with a tech. The Duke missed a blood drawing appointment. I do not think this merits the same punishement, nor should it be remembered by anyone. I tried to train him to put his appointments on the calendar, but this seems to require too much effort on his part. I also suggested he give me his reminder cards, and I could enter them on the schedule. That too requires too much effort. I am not going to chase after the man to remember his appointments. I don't see him doing that for me. Hey, don't look at me like that. I'm not being tough. He's a big boy, why can't he remember his own dang appointments? I do. So I told the Duke to go to his rescheduled appointment tomorrow, and to schmooze the nurse so as to have the missed appointment not count. Why you ask? Because he's going to miss another appointment. He's a man. He can't help it...or so he tells me. This way he won't be charged $50, nor will he lose his wonderful doctor. Next time I'll have the doctor's office tatoo the appointment on his forhead, then he won't forget!

No comments: