Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 13, 2007

And so it continues

I guess the parts for my van are coming to the service bay via snail. In this day of overnight shipping, and instant messaging it seems that customer service has gone the way of the buffalo. I don't feel quite so bad now, seeing as I have a free rental car...but still you would think this could be done in a day. We have now finished day 6; albeit 2 days were the weekend. I'll give them that much.

The Prince, Princesses and I attended an open house for high school this morning. Princess Hollister is going into 9th grade in 2 weeks. I can not believe it! I am certain that just about every parent of a child entering high school says the exact same thing; and I shall be no different than any of those wise parents. She is our oldest child. It seems like yesterday she was rolling around in a diaper, and now she's off to high school with 2,200 of her closest friends. When did high schools get to be so large?! I graduated with a class of 52, and no, I did not live in the middle of no where. That is like the size of a small town, never mind a high school.

While I am dealing with the shock of high school, my baby girl will also be starting Kindergarten in 2 weeks. Princess Splish 'n Splash is officially leaving me. She has never attended daycare, so we have spent many an hour together these past 5.5 years. I quit working 4.5 months before she was born, and have never regretted it. It will be odd for me not to have her around. For the Princess it will be splendiferous, as she will be meeting new friends. I know she will love it...at least that's what I'm telling myself. So it will just be the Prince and I home together during the school week. We will be home for about 4 1/4 hours before we have to go and pick up Princess Hollister. I am looking forward to going to the park and other outings with him.

Tomorrow the dishwasher repairman comes. Alleluia! No more paper plates, and no more washing ten thousand dishes.

No comments: