Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

It doesn't get better than this...

So as you may know, my dishwasher is broken and my van was sent in for repairs. The van went in for said repairs last Wednesday morning. I never realized how unattached I would feel from the world while being vehicle-less for 3 days. The assistant manager at the service place finally took pity on me late Friday afternoon, and provided me with a free loaner car. He offered the car to me because my van is currently in "many pieces," and if he gave it back to me he would only need to take it apart again come Monday. Great, a free car. Never realized how much fun it was to drive a car versus a van until I got into this car. Although I do strangely feel as though I am scrapping the road, being so low and all. I naively thought this was the start to my fantastic weekend.

I attended a scrapbooking class on Saturday. It ran most of the day. I arrived home around 4, only to be informed by the Duke that he had made some repairs to my computer. Say what?! I never said there was anything wrong with my computer. What would make him think he needed to repair it?! As the sad story was told to me, it appears the Duke was sitting next to the computer and decided that it was making too much noise for his liking. He then opened the CPU up, and extracted the fans. He had decided that the fans were making it too noisy at my desk. Getting the theme here...my computer, my desk. Oh and did I mention that he is a self-proclaimed computer geek; and a software engineer! Might think this has a happy ending, but for me and my computer it does not. Well what happens when a powerful computer runs without fans, you might wonder? Let me tell you, as I now have real-life experience with such a situation. Do NOT remove the fans from your CPU. What the Duke accomplished was to eliminate the noise from my computer; as he fried the video card and thereby rendered my computer useless! Yet something else to add to my list of broken items. Broken cable box; broken dishwasher; broken van, and now a broken computer.

I do not ask for much in life. I enjoy my royal life. I scrapbook for fun, and love it. Do I go to the Duke's office and mess with his computer? No. I leave his life to him. Did he grant me the same? That's a big fat no. And through all this my computer was just blowing off some steam, and he killed it. It is as dead as a door nail. Maybe I'll just have to pay a little visit to the Duke's desk this week. You know, pay him a little favor back! I mean come on, is there no sanctity to this job of being a SAHM. My 30 minutes a day that I sneak in some computer time is all I need. He looked at me oddly when he detected my displeasure. Said I don't have a job, so why do I need a computer?! Don't think he'll be asking that question again anytime soon. I also won't be asking him to fix anything anytime soon either.

No comments: